Our Bluebell Bunnies are led by our highly trained and very experienced teacher Vanessa
Vanessa works with her team of skilled nursery nurses to support the children within these rooms. This high adult:child ratio ensures that each child is able to continue to build a strong foundation of skills upon which the rest of their learning can be based.
The emphasis continues to be on learning through play, and the children’s learning is divided into seven areas:
- Communication and language
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Mathematical development
- Knowledge and understanding of the World
- Physical development
- Expressive Arts and Design
The planned activities fulfil all Ofsted requirements. However it is our aim to far exceed these by enriching the children’s experiences through our range of specialist teachers.
- A wonderful artist who, as a qualified early years teacher can plan and provide a range of activities that give the children a very special introduction to creative activities. Under her care the children design and complete mosaics for the garden, create beautiful models using natural objects, paint and draw with care and attention to detail
- French is also taught to the children using a combination of stories, puppets and music. The children love to practise their new vocabulary and do so with increasing confidence
- Music is enjoyed daily and our music specialist develops the concentration of these children by including drama in the music sessions. They enjoy a range of activities including setting traditional tales from around the world to music
- The children in the Bluebell Bunny Room also enjoy Yoga lessons within the nursery with Naomi, a highly qualified children’s yoga teacher; all children really get stuck in and love these sessions!
The various activities which the nursery provides include:
- Large and Small Imaginative Play
- Maths activities
- Language and Literacy
- Art and creative activities
- Physical activities
- Information Technology
- Music, Dance and Drama
- Science – Knowledge and Understanding of the World
Further information about the curriculum is available on request for parents.
The children also enjoy visits to local places of interest and further afield to widen their experiences of the world.